vivo V5 Plus is one of the few smartphones that looks quite similar like iPhone models. Under the iPhone design we have an Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 chipset, 4 GB of RAM, 64 GB internal storage, 16 Megapixels rear camera and a 20 Megapixels + 8 Megapixels front camera.
vivo V5 Plus Specifications:
- 5.5 Inch (1080 x 1920 pixels) IPS LCD protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 (2.5D Curved Glass);
- 2 GHz Octa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 Processor with Adreno 506 GPU
- 4 GB RAM and 64 GB internal storage
- Runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow (Funtouch OS 3.0)
- 16 Megapixels (f2.0 lens, 26mm-equiv) rear camera with LED Flash and a 20 Megapixels + 8 Megapixels (26mm-equiv, f/2.0 lens) front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 152.58 x 74 x 7.26 mm; Weight: 158.6 g
- Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, GPS (A-GPS, GLONASS, Beidou), Bluetooth 4.1, microUSB 2.0, 3.5mm Headphone Jack, Fingerprint
- Li-Ion 3160 mAh battery
The bad things about this this model is the lack of microSD slot, FM radio, NFC and the high price (more than $400). Even if it’s a premium brand, the price is too high what it has to offer.
vivo V5 Plus comes with a 5.5 inch IPS FullHD display (401 ppi). The screen reached the maximum contrast ratio of 1365, and the color reproduction scored the average DeltaE of 6.1 and increased up to 11.9 for some colors.
The sunlight legibility is quite good as well, the display reached the sunlight contrast ratio of 2.371, this score is better than the ones reached by Huawei nova plus or Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.
vivo V5 Plus runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Funtouch OS 3.0 over it. The user interface is quite similar like the one we find on the iPhone smartphones. Even the icon designs are the same as the ones we find on Apple devices.
The phone is powered by an Snapdragon 625, the best midrange CPU on the market right now. The 14nm chip is famous for the energy management.The bad thing about this CPU is that the performance is not that high as the energy management.
vivo V5 Plus managed to pass Oppo R9s on GeekBench 4, Asus Zenfone 3 ZE552KL on AnTuTu 6 and Huawei nova plus on Basemark X.
The phone also comes with 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB internal storage.
- GeekBench 4 (single-core) – 846
- GeekBench 4 (CPU multi-core) – 3136
- Basemark X – 10542
- GFX 3.0 Manhattan (onscreen) – 9.7
- GFX 3.1 Manhattan (onscreen) – 6.1
- GFX 3.0 Manhattan (1080p offscreen) – 9.9
- GFX 3.1 Manhattan (1080p offscreen) – 6.2
- Basemark OS 2.0 – 1107
- AnTuTu 6 – 63812
vivo V5 Plus comes with a 16 Megapixels main camera and a 20 Megapixels + 8 Megapixels front-facing camera. The main camera takes nice photos with sufficient detail and pleasant colors. The dynamic range is good as well with a slight tendency to underexpose.
The front-facing camera takes beautiful selfies with good colors and details.
With a 3,160 mAh battery, vivo V5 Plus managed to score a 76h on the endurace test, 2h more than Zenfone 3.
- 3G Talk Time – 26:28h
- Web Browsing – 11:26h
- Video Playback – 9:11h
vivo V5 Plus is one of the few smartphones that looks quite similar like iPhone models. If you want a “iPhone” at a cheaper price, this might be the one. With beautiful cameras and good performance, vivo V5 Plus might be a good choice, altough the price is a bit hight.
More information about the price can be found here.