Seems that Meizu decided to surprise his fans in terms of specs with the successor of his top dog. Meizu Pro 6 Plus comes with the same 5.7 inch AMOLED screen with 1440 p resolution, a top-end Exynos chip by Samsung (same one found on Galaxy S7 series), bigger battery, 4-axis optical stabilization for the camera and a heart-rate sensor (mTouch key).
Meizu Pro 6 Plus Specifications:
- 5.7 Inch (2560 x 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED Display protected with Corning Gorilla Glass, 2.5D Curved Galss; 3D Pressure Touch, 103% NTSC, 600 nits Brightness, AOD Technology
- 2.3 GHz (2.0 GHz For 64 GB Model) Octa-Core Exynos (8890) Processor with Mali T880 MP12 / (MP10 For 64 GB Model) GPU
- 4 GB RAM (LPDDR4) and 64 GB / 128 GB internal storage
- Runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow (Flyme UI 6)
- 12 Megapixels (Sony Exmor RS IMX386, f/2.0, phase-detect, laser-assisted autofocus and 4-axis optical stabilization) rear camera with 10 LED Ring Flash and a 5 Megapixels (f/2.0, 5P Lens) front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 155.6 x 77.3 x 7.3 mm; Weight: 158 g
- Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n/ac, GPS (A-GPS, GLONASS), Bluetooth 4.1, Type-C USB, NFC, Infrared Port, 3.5mm Headphone Jack, Fingerprint, Heart Rate Sensor
- Li-Po 3400 mAh battery with Quick Charge (mCharge 8V/3A – 60% in 30 Mins)
The only bad things about Meizu Pro 6 Plus is that has an underclocked processor on 64 GB model, no memory expansion option and no waterproofing.
Meizu Pro 6 Plus comes with a 5.7 inch Samsung-made AMOLED screen with a nice Quad HD resolution (515 ppi). The screen also supports 3D Press technology that will show a context menu when long pressing on app icons.
The screen scored a maximum brightness of 450 and a contrast ratio of 64,286 quite high but not infinite. You will not have any problems seeing the screen under the sunlight because it has a very good sunlight legibility.
Meizu Pro 6 Plus runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow with latest Flyme 5.2 OS. Seems that the company is already working on Flyme 6 and it will be officially updated on February. The phone also supports Always-on technology that will display the clock, battery and date on the screen while it’s asleep.
Flyme 5 also supports multi-view, feature that can split-screen with different apps. The UI can be customized with a lot of themes and colors. The system works without any hiccups and the features are as simple as possible.
Meizu Pro 6 Plus comes in two versions that runs on the same Exynos 8890 chipset (same CPU found on Galaxy S7 series). The difference between them is the CPU clock, GPU and internal memory.
- 64 GB version – 4 x 2.0 GHz Mongoose, 4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 and Mali-T880 MP10 GPU
- 128 GB version – 4 x 2.3 GHz Mongoose, 4 x 1.6 GHz Cortex-A53 and Mali-T880 MP12 GPU
- GeekBench 4 (single-core) – 1467
- GeekBench 3 (single-core) – 1742
- GeekBench 4 (CPU multi-core) – 4142
- GeekBench 3 (CPU multi-core) – 5970
- Basemark X – 23513
- GFX 3.1 Car scene (onscreen) – 7
- GFX 3.0 Manhattan (onscreen) – 13
- GFX 3.1 Manhattan (1080p offscreen) – 25
- GFX 3.1 Car scene (offscreen) – 13
- GFX 3.1 Manhattan (onscreen) – 7.3
- Basemark OS 2.0 – 1823
- AnTuTu 6 – 113397
Even if Exynos 8890 is already 1 year old, the chipset is still one of the best out there and is fully worthy for a flagship. The phone runs with no lag and performs great.
Meizu Pro 6 Plus comes with a 12 Megapixels (Sony IMX386 sensor, f/2.0 lens, 1/2.9″ size, 1.25µm pixels and 4-axis optical stabilization) with 10-LED dual-tone round ring flash main camera and and a new 5 Megapixels selfie camera.
The main camera snaps have a very good level of detail and a excellent dynamic range. Sometimes the colors are warmer than they should be, but the white balance, contrast and colors are well handled. We are happy to say Sony IMX386 sensor takes very good images even in low-light scenes.
The 5 Megapixels front-facing camera takes good selfies with good colors and contrast.
Meizu Pro 6 Plus comes with a bigger battery than the Pro 6 – a Li-Po 3400 mAh. The battery also supports QuickCharge 2.0 (50% in 30 mins) and comes with a 24W fast charging plug. The battery can run up to 4 days of web browsing, 3G talks and video playback each day.
- 3G Talk Time – 16:06h
- Web Browsing – 15:51h
- Video Playback – 14:42h
Meizu Pro 6 Plus proved itself worthy to be called a flagship. The high-res AMOLED screen, OIS-enabled camera, big battery, latest generation Exynos chip, improved mTouch key and the redesigned aluminum body makes this phablet one of the best choise out there.
More information about the price can be found here.