Lenovo K6 Power is the smallest member of the two new K-series devices. The new model comes with a smaller 5 inch display and a 4000 mAh battery, same as the one used on K6 Note. Seems that the company managed to use the same battery on a much more compact smartphone.
Seems that K6 Power is facing against the Xiaomi Redmi 3S Prime on the market, a cheaper smartphone with less RAM, lower resolution display and less storage.
Lenovo K6 Power Specifications:
- 5 Inch (1080 x 1920 pixels) IPS LCD protected with Scratch Resistant Glass;
- 1.4 GHz Octa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 (64-bit) Processor with Adreno 505 GPU
- 3 GB / 2 GB RAM and 16 GB, 32 GB internal storage (MicroSD up to 128 GB)
- Runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- 13 Megapixels (PDAF autofocus) rear camera with LED Flash and a 8 Megapixels front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 141.9 x 70.3 x 9.3 mm; Weight: 145 g
- Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, GPS (A-GPS), Bluetooth 4.1, microUSB 2.0 USB, 3.5mm Headphone Jack, Fingerprint
- Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery
Lenovo K6 Power looks quite similar like Redmi Note 3 in terms of design. The phone comes with a 5 inch IPS display at the resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. This display has quite saturated colors, but the phone provides us with an option to change the display saturation levels.
After we changed the saturation level, the color accuracy was much more better. The brightness and viewing angles are quite good as well.
Lenovo K6 Power with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow out of the box. The UI seems to be the standard version of Android. There are some theme ant customization options to choose from. Seems that Lenovo chosed to use the standard Android icons for default apps.
The software is pretty the same as the one used on Lenovo K6 Note, more information about it can be found here.
We can’t expect too much performance from a Snapdragon 430 and 2 / 3 GB RAM. The apps are closed and opend quite quickly. The only bad thing noticed was the slow scrolling.
- GeekBench 4 (single-core) – 610
- GeekBench 4 (CPU multi-core) – 1698
- Basemark X – 7475
- GFX 3.0 Manhattan (onscreen) – 7.1
- GFX 3.0 Manhattan (1080p offscreen) – 7.1
- GFX 3.1 Manhattan (onscreen) – 4.4
- GFX 3.1 Manhattan (1080p offscreen) – 4.4
- AnTuTu 6 – 44115
Lenovo K6 Power comes with a 13 Megapixels main camera with phase detection autofocus and LED flash. The quality of the photos made by this camera is quite good. The colors are natural and the level of detail is good as well.
For selfies, there is a 8 Megapixels front-facing camera. This camera makes good photos with good detail level and nice colors.
Lenovo K6 Power packs a massive 4000 mAh battery. The company says that the phone will manage up to 2 days of battery life.The battery will resist up to 6 h screen-on time and up to 2 days in standby mode.
The phone scored 91 h on endurance rating, that means a quite good rating even though it uses the same hardware as Lenovo K6 Note, but with a smaller screen.
Lenovo K6 Power seems to be a much compact version of K6 Note with the same performance and specifications. If you like bigger screens, K6 Note might be the right choise, if you like compact smartphones with good performance, this is the best one for you.
More information about the price can be found here.