Lenovo “K” series are famous for the good value budget smartphones launched lately.
With a starting price of just $200, Lenovo K6 Note is definitely one of the most interesting budget smartphones on the market. The smartphone covers a very good balance between price, hardware and preferences.
The most interesting specifications that Lenovo K6 Note has, are the IPS LCD screen, 16 Megapixels main camera and the 4,000 mAh battery. Seems that Lenovo tried to make a multimedia smartphone that is compatible with Google Cardboard-style VR.
Lenovo K6 Note Specifications:
- 5.5 Inch (1080 x 1920 pixels) IPS LCD Display protected with Scratch Resistant Glass
- 1.4 GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 (64-bit) Processor with Adreno 505 GPU
- 3 GB / 4 GB RAM and 32 GB internal storage (card slot up to 256 GB)
- Runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- 16 Megapixels rear camera with Dual-LED Flash and a 8 Megapixels front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 151 x 76 x 8.4 mm; Weight: 169 g
- Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, GPS (A-GPS,), Bluetooth 4.2, microUSB 2.0 , 3.5mm Headphone Jack, Fingerprint
- Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery with Quick Charge
Lenovo K6 Note comes with a 5.5 inch IPS LCD panel with a resolution of 1080p (401 ppi). The screen scored a maximum brightness of 521 nits and a contrast ratio of 1360. The front panel is quite reflective at the sunlight and viewing angles could use some improvement.
Lenovo K6 Note runs on a pretty standard and clean out of the box Android 6.0.1 ROM. There are a lot of extra features under the hood. The notifications bar seems pretty standard, the notifications are centralized in detalied tabs.
Lenovo K6 Note is a budget smartphone, so we can’t have big expectation when it comes to performance. The phone gives a smooth overall user experience and the gaming performance is tolerable. The Snapdragon 430 processor gives a quite good battery life, but the performance is scarce.
- GeekBench 3 (single-core) – 672
- GeekBench 3 (CPU multi-core)– 3044
- Basemark X (graphics) – 7480
- GFX 3.0 Manhattan (1080p offscreen) – 7
- GFX 3.0 Manhattan (onscreen) – 7
- GFX 3.1 Manhattan (1080p offscreen) – 4.4
- GFX 3.1 Manhattan (onscreen) – 4.4
- Basemark OS 2.0 – 967
- AnTuTu 6 – 44972
Lenovo K6 Note comes with a 16 Megapixels main camera that can record 4K videos and a 8 Megapixels selfie camera. For a $200 phone, the cameras are quite good.
The main camera is decent, the level of detail is quite good, but the dynamic range is a bit limited. The bad thing about main camera is that is over-exposing the photos too easy.
Lenovo K6 Note comes with a very good battery, a 4,000 mAh sealed-in under the back. The battery supports Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 technology, that means can charge it up to 35% in just 30 minutes.
- 3G Talk Time – 30:39h
- Web Browsing – 12:05h
- Video Playback – 19:05h
Lenovo K6 Note is one of the best budget phones out there. The phone is sold around $200, cheaper than Moto G. The smartphone is well built and gives good performance as well.
More information about the price can be found here.