LG V20 is one of the most advanced smartphones launched by LG so far. The phone comes with two cameras, four digital-to-analog converters, two screens, has a shock-resistant all-metal body and runs on latest Android Nougat right from the get go.
The smartphone has a main 5.7-inch LCD screen with QHD resolution and a 2.1 inch second screen above the main one with 160 x 1040 pixels, used for personal signature, app and system shortcuts.
LG V20 comes with a MIL-STD-810G compliant shock-resistant metal body and has two cameras – a 16 Megapixels camera with 4K and a 8 Megapixels camera with fixed focus.
LG V20 Specifications:
- 5.7 Inch (2.1-inch Secondary Display) (2560 x 1440 pixels, 160 x 1040 pixels Secondary Display) IPS LCD Display protected with Scratch Resistant Glass
- 2.1 GHz Quad-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 Processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 4 GB (LPDDR4) RAM and 64 GB (UFS Technology) internal storage
- Runs on Android 7.0 Nougat (LG UX 5.0+)
- 16 Megapixels + 8 Megapixels (Dual Camera) rear camera with Dual-LED Flash and a 5.0 Megapixels front-facing camera (F1.9 Aperture,120 Degree Wide Angle Lens)
- Dimensions: 159.7 x 78.1 x 7.6 mm ; Weight: 174 g
- Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n/ac, GPS (A-GPS, GLONASS support), Bluetooth 4.2 (With BLE), Type-C USB, 3.5mm Headphone Jack, Infrared Port, NFC, Fingerprint
- Li-Po 3200 mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0 and Qi Wireless Charging
The large 5.7 inch LCD display has a 1440 x 2560 pixels resolution (513 ppi) and the 2.1 inch secondary display has a 160 x 1040 pixels resolution. The main display is very bright in automatic mode, it can get as high as 630 nits and has a contrast at 1,1000:1. The screen is more color-accurate compared to its in-house peers. The Display also has an Blue Light Filter mode, to adapt your eyes to the screen.
LG V20 is the first smartphone that comes Android 7.0 Nougat preinstalled. The new software comes with a few major add-ons compared to preview version of Android. Some of them are the native split-screen support and Quick actions.
The second display is for shortcuts to apps, settings and additional control (for example messages).
With Snapdragon 820 and 4GB of RAM, LG V20 performance is around the flagship rig of 2016. This setup is capable in 2017 and will remain another 2-3 years, if LG will provide software updates. The phone also supports Vulkan 3D Graphics API, the successor of OpenGL, this means future games will not be a problem.
- GeekBench 4 (single-core) – 1576
- GeekBench 4 (CPU multi-core)– 3824
- Basemark X (graphics) – 29385
- GFX 3.0 Manhattan (1080p offscreen) – 40
- GFX 3.0 Manhattan (onscreen) – 25
- Basemark ES 3.1 / Metal – 526
- GFX 3.1 Manhattan (1080p offscreen) – 29
- GFX 3.1 Manhattan (onscreen) – 17
- GFX 3.1 Car scene (offscreen) – 20
- GFX 3.1 Car scene (onscreen) – 12
- Basemark OS 2.0 – 2159
- AnTuTu 6 – 141945
LG V20 has on the back a 16 Megapixels auto-focus camera with a wide f/1.8 aperture and an 8 Megapixels fixed-focus camera with a f/2.4 aperture. On the front we find a 5 Megapixels camera that can take photos in regular 83° and wide 120°.
The main camera also has optical image stabilization with laser assistance, phase detect auto-focus and a Color Spectrum sensor. This is one of the best cameras on the market right now.
LG V20 comes with a 3,200mAh battery, too small for an 5.7 inch display. The battery supports Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 3.0 (80% in 30 min).
- 3G Talk Time – 19:48h
- Web Browsing – 7:35h
- Video Playback – 8:04h
LG V20is on of the best phones made by LG so far, the design may not be liked by everyone, but the quality are undeniable. The phone upholds the high standard of being a flagship with a great camera, a big display, a very good processor, a quality build and fingerprint scanner.
The phone costs between $499 and $799, depending on your country.
More information about the price can be found here.