At first look, Huawei Mate 9 Pro seems to be quite similar like Mate 9 Porsche Design. The only difference between them is that the new model uses a much more expensive AMOLED screen. The phone comes with a beautiful design, great camera and promises stellar performance
Huawei Mate 9 Pro Specifications:
- 5.5 Inch (2560 x 1440 pixels) AMOLED protected with Corning Gorilla Glass (2.5D Curved Glass);
- 2.4 GHz Octa Core HiSilicon Kirin 960 + i6 Co-processor Processor with Mali G71 MP8 GPU
- 6 GB / 4 GB RAM (LPDDR4) and 64 GB, 128 GB internal storage
- Runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- 20 Megapixels Monochrome + 12 Megapixels RGB (Dual Camera, f2.2, 4-in-1 hybrid autofocus, 27mm equiv, focal length) rear camera with dual-LED dual-tone Flash and a 8 Megapixels (26mm lens, f/1.9) front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 152 x 75 x 7.5 mm; Weight: 169 g
- Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n/ac, GPS (A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, Galileo), Bluetooth 4.2, Type-C USB USB, 3.5mm Headphone Jack, Fingerprint, NFC, Infrared Port
- Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery with Huawei Supercharge
The bad things about this pone is that it doesn’t have a microSD expansion option, no dust or water resistance, No FM radio and a non-removable battery. The lack of microSD expansion option might not be a problem considering that the phone has 128 GB internal storage by default.
Huawei Mate 9 Pro comes with a 5.5 inch AMOLED screen with 1440p resolution (534 ppi). The colors provided by this screen are very good, it has the average DeltaE of 3.8, a flagship-worthy score. The contrast is very good as we expected on an AMOLED scrieen, it scored 33273 points. The brightness on this phone is quite good as well, it scored 366 nits on our tests.
The sunlight legibility is quite good as well, it scored 3.206 points on the sunlight contrast ratio tests. The phone can be used outside without any problems.
The phone runs on Android 7.0 Nougat with some modifications made by Emotion UI v5.0. The UI comes with a lot of themes, wallpapers, system and app icons, lockscreen styles, system colors, system fonts and much more. The UI runs smooth with no lag.
Huawei Mate 9 Pro performs on its in-house made Kirin 960 SoC. The processor has 4 Cortex-A73 cores at 2.4 GHz and 4 Cortex-A53 cores at 1.8 GHz. This is the fastest processor on the market with top energy efficiency, great graphics skills and excellent benchmarks.
With 6 gigs of RAM, multi-tasking it is a breeze for Huawei Mate 9 Pro. The tests show top performance.
- GeekBench 4 (single-core) – 1939
- GeekBench 4 (CPU multi-core) – 5845
- Basemark X – 27600
- GFX 3.1 Manhattan (onscreen) – 12
- GFX 3.1 Car scene (onscreen) – 8.2
- Basemark ES 3.1 / Metal – 616
- GFX 3.1 Manhattan (1080p offscreen) – 22
- GFX 3.1 Car scene (offscreen) – 12
- Basemark OS 2.0 – 2496
- AnTuTu 6 – 128719
Huawei Mate 9 Pro comes with a dual camera (20 Megapixels Monochrome + 12 Megapixels RGB) with 4-in-1 hybrid autofocus, 27mm equiv, f/2.2 aperture lens, focal length and dual-LED dual-tone Flash. The image quality is very good, with good detail, textures are rendered in a very natural way and the dynamic range is perfect.
Selfies are made by an 8 Megapixels front-facing camera with 26mm lens, autofocus and f/1.9 aperture. The images are quite good with a good dynamic range, pleasing colors and plenty of detail.
Even if it’s smaller than Mate 9, Huawei didn’t reduce the battery size on this model. The phone comes with the same 4000 mAh battery and it’s still on of the best offerings out there. This battery scored 82 h on endurance test, an excelent score for a phone with AMOLED screen. The phone also supports fast charging, in just 75 min the phone charged up to 95%
- 3G Talk Time – 21:50h
- Web Browsing – 12:26h
- Video Playback – 14:33h
Huawei Mate 9 Pro is one of the most beautiful flagships on the market right now. This phone gives you the chance to buy Porsche Design edition without actually paying double.
The phone comes with a premium build and design, high-res AMOLED screen with wonderful color accuracy, solid battery life, very good built-in speakers and a wonderful dual camera.
More information about the price can be found here.